This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sneak Peeks and a Sketch Challenge!

This week's Tuesday Throwdown is a sketch challenge...AND we're also giving you a sneak peek at a brand new stamp set that will be released on Thursday, December 10th! The stamp set is called Out of this World...and it IS! It's a fabulous outer space set that will spark the imagination of any little boy! The set includes images of a rocket, a UFO complete with alien, a space man, stars and a bunch of spacy sentiments. Take a look at the card I created using this set. Oh, and the sketch challenge can be found here. Come on and play along! I did take a few liberties with the sketch, but for the most part, I stuck with the original design.

For this card, I used Stampin' Up's Brilliant Blue cardstock for the base, with Real Red as an accent color. The cloud patterned paper is some that I received in a blog candy that I won, so I don't know who makes it. The image is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. I used strips of Brilliant Blue and Real Red, and red Magic Mesh for embellishment, along with 3 gold star brads (Recollections).

Check out the other Sherrod Studio design team member's blogs to see their creations using this fun set. You can find the links to their blogs in my side bar to the left. Oh, and don't forget that Sherrod Studio is holding a Holiday Blow-Out sale! All stamps are 25% off now through Dec. 15th and all orders placed by the 15th will arrive in time for Christmas! Orders over $50 will receive FREE SHIPPING!

Make sure you come back tomorrow to see a peek at another new set called "Downhome Blessings"!

4 comments:

  1. I love the patterned paper in the BG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I too love the pp and the clouds are perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I love the star brads:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cloud pattern just makes the rocket looks like in floating. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!