This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting Ahead...

Well, I'm actually getting ahead on the cards that I will need in the upcoming months!!! Here is the first of the Mother's Day cards:

This image is from Stamps By Judith, and I LOVE it!!! I stamped it onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it using Copic markers. I then cut the image out and sponged the edges using Close to Cocoa ink. The card base is this years' "In-Colors" Soft Suede textured cardstock and is cut to make a 5-1/4" square card. The next layer is Crushed Curry and a layer of Razzberry Lemonade DSP. I put antiqued copper brads (Recollections from Michael's) in each corner and attached a length of Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment was stamped, punched out with the tag punch and sponged with Close to Cocoa. Antiqued copper brads were added, then I attached the sentiment and the flower image using dimensionals. I kinda like the color combination...I'll need to make one more Mother's Day card and a birthday card for my mom and my cards will be done through May! Woo Hoo!!

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and it's good to get ahead, isn't it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! I just love Judith's designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card love this stamp very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp!!... This is absolutely gorgeous! What gorgeous colors and a fabulous image. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good getting started early! Love your color combos :) Big Hugs to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, this card is wonderful and your mom will absolutely adore it!

    By the way, I have a little something for you over on my blog, so please swing by when you have a sec ;D Hugz - Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Mary. Love this image, so quaint. Beautiful colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful - so wish I was caught up!! AND I love your swap card below - looking forward to seeing what you get back...have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely- awesome for you to get ahead! I love the soft pretty colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just love this image, too, Mary! Beautiful job! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is beautiful and your mom will adore it!
    I love the stamp that you used and the coloring of it. It truly is a fantastic MD card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary! Hope your week is going well! There is a little goodie for you on my blog! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card and love the image used!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!