This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

February is Julie's Month Again!

Not only is today Groundhog Day, but it also would have been my niece, Julie's 36th birthday. In September 2007, we lost Julie to cervical cancer. She fought a long, hard battle, but in the end, she lost that battle. She was only 31, so young, with so much life ahead of her, however cancer doesn't care who or when it will take a life.

Again, I am declaring February to be "Julie's Month". I will donate $1.00 per comment that I receive on this blog during the month of February. I will donate that money to my school's Relay For Life team, to benefit the American Cancer Society, in Julie's memory.

Every family is touched by cancer is one way or another. Please help me help find a cure for this horrible disease. I received 196 comments during February last year and I made a donation in the amount of $200 to the American Cancer Society.

Please come back often and make sure to leave a comment on my posts. Thank you for your support!

11 comments:

  1. Mary... I am sending you huge hugs! Cancer is a terrible thing! My mother passed away from Vulva Cancer eighteen years ago! It still seems like yesterday... I will do my best to visit you often this month! I am so proud of you from making this wonderful goal! You are a wonderful person! Hugs and I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs to you on this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs to you Mary! I will make sure I visit your blog often this month and leave lots of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary what a wonderful idea. I hope you get tons of comments. I like this idea and may steal it in October, my mom's month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to help as well! Great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to honor your beautiful niece this way. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cancer is a dirty thing that we need to get rid of. It is so sad who is hurt by this disease young people, family, friends. God bless everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie was blessed with a wonderful Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome gesture to remember your niece.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!