This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Pencil Me In"- Bombshell Hump Day Hop & ASC2

So, did you "Pencil Me In" for the weekly Bombshell Hump Day Hop? Well, if you're reading this, I guess you did! :) This week's challenge, put forth by our official Hump Day Hottie, Angela, was to use pencils to color the image on a card. Now, this IS a challenge for me! You see, many, many years ago I bought the BIG box of Prisma coloring pencils- you know the 100 and whatever count box...I got them on sale plus had a coupon so I wound up paying only $15 for them- GREAT deal!!! Well, now that I had this wonderful box of pencils, I was afraid to use them! I didn't want to 'ruin' them or 'use them all up', so they sat in the box collecting dust. I was telling my friend, Gloria, about them...now SHE is wonderful at using Prismas and OMS to color her images. Well, come April, for my birthday, Gloria gave me a 24-count box of Prismas- already sharpened- so I had NO excuse not to use them!! Still, they sat for a while until I needed to create a card for the SBS that I went to last Saturday. Well, that card came out pretty well, so I decided I'd try this challenge. After all that, are you still with me? Well, here is the card that I created for the Pencil Me In challenge for this week:



I used the parrot image from the Pirate's Life stamp set from Bombshell Stamps. The image is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with those Prisma pencils. I punched the image out using my oval Nestabilities (another story similar to the Prisma Pencils!) and popped it up on dimensionals. The card base is SU's Basic Black. The strips of YoYo Yellow, Green Galore and Pumpkin Pie were each embossed in my Cuttlebug using various embossing folders. The flowers are from BoBunny and the gold brads are Recollections from Michael's. The ribbon is 1/4" Pumpkin Pie grosgrain.

This sketch is one from Aly's Sunday Sketch. Aly is the VERY talented 10-year old daughter of one of the ladies in my blog group. Aly creates a sketch every two weeks and so far, they've been wonderful!! For such a young girl, Aly is a fabulous stamper, too!!! Check out her blog and give her sketches a try!!

Well, that's it from me for this week's BHDH. Now, make sure to check out the other design team members' blogs and see how they faired with using pencils!! I'm SURE they did a fabulous job!!

Kathi - http://kathstales.blogspot.com/
Gabby - http://confessionsofastamper.blogspot.com/
GlitteryKatie - http://ferrishyn-frontier.blogspot.com/
Miss.Magoo - http://missmagoocreates.blogspot.com/
Terra - http://www.moresmearedink.blogspot.com/
Kas - www.artloveschaos.blogspot.com

Angela - http://www.inkybutton.com/
Sarah - http://sarahscrazycreations.com/
Jacquie - http://jacquiemakescards.blogspot.com/
Stephanie - http://www.pinkstarcreations.blogspot.com/
Alyssa - http://critterlyss.blogspot.com/

38 comments:

  1. I got a great deal on my pencils too- they color so beautifully- I love your beautiful coloring on your card! What else is in your closet???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you dusted them off! Such a gorgeous bird! And your textures are magnificent. Way to rock the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Mary! Great challenge card! So glad you got out your toys to play with! Isn't it fun?!?! Beautiful coloring and details! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the colors you used on the image and card overall! Just gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge they had. You did a fabulous job, it's a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW- this is magnificent, the colors are "poppy" as my son would say- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This parrott is beautiful!! You have the natural talent, I am so glad you are using this coloring technique now! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the citrus-y colors, and your parrot is FANTASTIC!!!! You should use pencils more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so beautiful. I love how it could be for ANYthing. A great and super versatile card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these colors - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! Fab colors and the sketch is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this bright and cheery card. Great image and your pencil me in rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man! I love that bird!! Isn't he just the best to color?! The layout, colors... all AMAZING! Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card.

    You did a great job coloring the parrot! Wow.

    I also like the layout and all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that parrot! You did an amazing job ;o) I also love all the texture on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing! You blended so well, that at first glance it looks like Copics on this bird. Great job for not having used them very much (aren't you glad you did?)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors, and the sketch... 10 years old.. seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Love the colors and embossing. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful! Love how you colored it, it came out so bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow..a stunning card! luv the image...cant tell you colored! it is gorgy! ty cher
    hilly77@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colorful detail on your parrot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful color up Mary, you can hardly tell you used pencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS card!!! I didnt think it was penciled at first. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great colors, I like green, the parrot looks alive! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  26. too funny! I wonder what we all have in our closets that hasnt been used....and we probably bought again! your coloring is perfect! and love how you tied it all together with your matching papers and details!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great stuff! I love those colors on Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a colorful awesome card!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the textures, the nesties, the flowers, the colouring... and of course the Bombshell image. :) I'm enjoying my first ever blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mary this is absolutely stunning! I love these bright colors against the black! The layout and your coloring is gorgeous! You definitely need to keep those pencils out of hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your pencil coloring is amazing. Love your take on Aly's layout!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful color combo! They really pop against the black. Great job with the challenge, Mary :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!