Here's how to make a Gate Fold card:
1. Cut cardstock to 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8". Fold.
2. Cut 2 pieces of coordinating cardstock to 1-7/8" x 5-1/4".
3. Cut 2 pieces of coordinating patterned paper to 1-5/8" x 5".
4. Using monoadhesive, attach the patterned paper strips to the cardstock strips.
5. Adhere one patterned paper panel to the right flap using monoadhesive.
6. Attach a length of ribbon around the remaining patterned paper panel. Adhere panel to left flap.
7. Stamp image of choice onto white cardstock. Cut out oval using Nestabilities.
8. Using the same color cardstock as your card, cut out next larger size oval using Nestabilities.
9. Adhere stamped oval to larger oval.
10. Apply adhesive to left half of the main image's back side. Attach to left flap, making sure that image in centered on card.
Voila! You're done! It really is easy to do. I don't know why I hadn't tried if before.
For this specific card I used Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and GP110 white cardstock. The star patterned paper is unknown. I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and sponged around the edges using Certainly Celery ink. The ribbon is 1/4" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon. I attached self-stick light green gems around the edge of the oval.
Now that you've seen my take on the Gate Fold challenge, make sure to check out the other Design Team members' blogs. You can find links to their blogs in my sidebar.