This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bombshell June Sketch

Well, June is almost over but I FINALLY got my Bombshell Stamps June Sketch Challenge card made. First of all here is Kathi's wonderful sketch:

...and here is my take on that sketch:

(and, yes, I KNOW the scan is crooked- I REALLY need to hone my photography skills so I can photograph my cards instead...). This card is made using the beautiful Rose's Portrait stamp set. I just love this image- she is just gorgeous! The image is stamped onto watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I decided to dust off my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol...Gloria? Did you faint??? (inside joke!) :) I don't use them very often...I just don't think I can use them as well as some I've seen...I guess practive makes perfect! The image is layered onto Basic Black and then Real Red. The card base is Basic Black with a layer of YoYo Yellow which was run through my Cuttlebug using the Fleur de Lis embossing folder. The ribbon is from Offray. The sentiment, from Rose's Portrait, was punched out using the Modern Label punch and popped up using dimensionals. The brads are some I found at my LSS but can't remember who makes them. So, this is MY take on the challenge. Now it's YOUR turn! Create a card using Kathi's sketch above and post it to the Bombshell forum here. You could win a fabulous prize!! But hurry- time is running out!
Oh, and make sure to come back on Wednesday for Bombshell's monthly Blog Hop! This months' theme is "Boy Toy"...and my card is almost finished!

3 comments:

  1. She;s beautiful ,love the hot summer colours and the embossed background, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely Mary. Great take on the sketch, her green eyes just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning image Mary! Her eyes really do draw you in!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!