This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Card Patterns Sketch 79

Now that my mojo has returned, I decided to participate in this week's Card Patterns' Sketch 79 challenge. Here is their original sketch:

...and here is MY take on their sketch:


I made the card a standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" size. The card base is Stampin' Up's Night of Navy cardstock. The patterned paper is also from Stampin' Up, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the pack, but I know that it's now retired. I ran the patterned paper through my Cuttlebug using the stars embossing folder. The image is from Bombshell Stamps's Ahoy, Sailor stamp set. I love her. The image is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock and colored using Copic Markers. The image is layered onto SU's Real Red and Night of Navy. 1-1/4" circles of Night of Navy were punched using the small star punch and layered onto 1-3/8" circles of Real red. All punches are from Stampin' Up. Using my Crop-o-dile, I punched holes in the center of the punched out star (well, I THOUGHT they were in the center, but looking at the card now, I see not ALL of them were! Oh, well!) I then inserted yellow star eyelets from Doodlebug, then attached them to the left side of the card and the layered image to the right side. I omited the ribbon from the original sketch. Hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch :) Those star eyelets match perfectly to the ones on the image. Good eye! Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyelets in the centers. I need to get that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Mary, love all the star elements.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!