This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Monday, April 18, 2011

"Ogre" You!

The week's Hambo Hoedown #11 was a tough one for me...we were to use this adorable ogre plus one of the included sentiments and then distress our card. I'm not very good at distressing...but here's what I came up with:

Side View:


I printed the image onto GP110 white cardstock and colored him using Copic Markers. I used an SU speckle stamp and Creamy Caramel to stamp spatters onto the image, then sponged the image and edges using Certainly Celery (sort of like mold!). I used my distressing tool around all of the egdes of the cardstock and patterned papers. I also wrinkled up the layers of patterned paper under the main image, then smoothed it out before distressing the edges of that, too. I also sponged the Prima flowers using Creamy Caramel to make them look a little wilted and withered. So, how'd I do? Head on over to the Hambo Hoedown blog and join the fun!! While you're at it, check out my friend, Gloria's blog. Gloria is this week's Hoedown Guest Designer of the Week!! She made some FABULOUS cards using this ogre image! Woo Hoo, Gloria!


I also entered this into 2 other challenges:


Cardmadefairy's Digi Days Challenge- use a digi, 2 patterned papers and 3 embellishments


Card Ideas- Let's Hear it for the Guys!


********


Image: Ogre and sentiment digi -images from Hambo Stamps Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds (Stampin' Up!) Cardstock: GP110 white, card base unknown Patterned Papers: Close to My Heart Accessories: distressing tool, sponge, pop dots, buttons (Bo Bunny), natural hemp, glue dots, Prima flowers, large antique copper brads (American Crafts), ribbon (Michael's), key tag punch

9 comments:

  1. you did a great job...he's cute for a "monster"...and i find distressing distressing for me sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your distressed ogre Mary. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, I love those ribbons, flowers & buttons! Seriously, I laughed so hard when I saw that cat picture at the top! AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very Shrek-y! I do like the moldy look too :) Thanks so much for playing along at Card-Ideas! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tricky image to combine with distressing, which I think works with vintage, you did a great job!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the distressing Mary! Your Ogre is cute and its a great design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Card Ideas. Please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, this is great! You did a fabulous job with the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card, like the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days this time.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!