This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Stamping and a Hoedown!

**Blogger has been acting wonky these past few days...I apologize for the paragraphs being all bunched together. I've TRIED to fix it, but once it's published or saved it goes all wonky again...arggghhh!** It was a chilly weekend so I stayed inside and was able to stamp a little. Here are my accomplishments for this weekend: My first card is my submission for the Hambo Hoedown #9- Spring is Marching It's Way in Bright and Hot! Our challenge was to use the cute caterpillar image and the colors bright green and hot pink. Well, trust me when I tell you that my green IS bright, HONEST, but for some reason, it looks very pale in the scan...and I've noticed that the smallest of boo-boos REALLY show up on scans!!! I won't point them out just in case you miss them! :) Maybe I really need to hone up on my camera skills!!

Stamps: Hambo Stamps Cardstock: Green Galore, Pixie Pink, GP110 white Patterned Paper: unknown from my stash Accessories: Copic Markers, green stick-on gem, pink grosgrain ribbon (Offray), label punch, pop dots, sponge, SU Basic Black marker for doodling This next card I made using an adorable 2 Cute Rubber Stamps chick.

Stamps: 2 Cute Rubber Stamps Patterned Paper: unknown from my stash Cardstock: YoYo Yellow, Pretty In Pink Accessories: Copic Markers, pop dots, pink grosgrain ribbon (Offray) This last card was made for a friend's father who recently turned 80 years old. I sent him a card that would have been received in time for his birthday, however, the US Postal Service had other thoughts... Anyway, the mailman brings me my card back, in a baggie- in pieces. I have no idea what happened to it...there were no buttons, there were no brads, there was no bow or extra do-dads...so I don't know what on earth happened to it. So...I needed to make him another card and I found out he is a REALLY big Redskins fan, so I made him this card:

Being a big Ravens' fan, I had a hard time doing this card, so I sure hope he likes it!

Stamps: Hambo digi-image, Happy Birthday (Stampin' Up!) Cardstock: Cranberry Crisp, Summer Sun, GP110 white Accessories: Copic Markers, large oval punch, label punch, pop dots, Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz embossing folder (Sizzix) Oh, and a BIG congratulations to my beloved Baltimore Orioles for SWEEPING the Tampa Bay Rays this weekend!! WOO HOO!! Baseball season is here!!

12 comments:

  1. Girl you have been busy. Love your cards. You aced the Hoedown card and that little chick peeking out of the shell is so cute. I will make it to a few games this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute Mary! I just love the Hambo Hoedown one, that sentiment is so cool! The Easter one is adorable, cute image and great DP! I know your friend's father will enjoy the Redskins card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!!! I love your cute Caterpillar- great colors and darling sentiment. I love the chickie in the egg and the cute Hambo sports fans....colors and all! LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Really like the chick, the DSP is perfect for the image. Great colors and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, thanks for playing with Hambo! Joy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you stampin' the days away this weekend. Love all the cards!

    Hugs,

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable! Don't you love that Football Girl?? Your caterpillar looks so cute too! Love seeing you in the Hoedown every week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy beaver you were. All three cards are very cute. Don't point out any flaws since I don't see them. As for scans - cameras are just as unforgiving and just as weird with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm a big football nut...what a great image & colors (we'll just ignore that they're redskin colors!)
    Your other two cards are super cute, love those spring-y colors!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy weekend, these are all awesome. I think it is so special that you made a Redskins card. That will really make that guy's day, so personal for him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cards and that chick has the cutest face ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eeks! you've been busy - these are adorable - your football card is perfect for "that team" LOL and the chickie is adorable!
    hope you have a great weekend (-:

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!