This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Zentangle!

Yesterday my friend, Gloria, and I spent the day at the Queen's Ink in Savage Mill learning all about how to create Zentangle tiles. What FUN!!!! Who knew there were so many different patterns! During our beginner class, we learned the basics of creating these fabulous pieces along with some really fun patterns! Here is my first-ever Zentangle tile using 4 different patterns:

We created a second tile using 4 more patterns and learned a little about shading. I need to work on my shading!


After a delicious lunch at Ram's Head, we took a second class where we learned 8 more patterns. I really like this tile:


I can see where this can be VERY addictive! The Queen's Ink offers 7 more classes for learning more patterns. I sure hope we can make it to another class soon!!! Now, I need to learn how to incorporate these designs into my cards!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, beautiful! I like your second tile best. Nice work and now you can teach us....I love a talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow is right Mary! These are awesome! I love the second tile the best too! Yes, you and Gloria will definitely have to show us how it's done! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent alot of time looking into doing Zentangle, but have never done any of it.....i LOVE your projects.... Maybe I can doodle later tonight. I would love to send you a website I found, but I do not have your e-mail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant way to spend the day! These are extraordinary. Hard to imagine that you could do anything to improve on these stellar Zentangles. This is a wonderful first for me. Thanks so much for sharing. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow can you still move your fingers?! You did an amazing job Mary. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing. I think your shading is wonderful, your tiles have so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this totally intimidates me! will watch how you create with these - really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THIS is what I call Uber doodling! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!