This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Catchin Up...

Hello!  It's been a while since I've posted but I have been crafting!  The first thing I want to show you is a clutch purse envelope that I made for an RAK event on the Newbie Junk Journal Makers Facebook group that I'm in.  I didn't have a pattern but it was easy enough to figure out without one.

The requirements were to make the clutch, use a rooster somewhere on it, use orange, glassine, ribbon, and part of a tissue box.  I was able to use all of the items. Open size is 5" x 10".

Front/ closed

Inside/ open

There is a belly band on the top part, a vintage glassine envelope on the middle part, and a pocket on the bottom part.  All are filled with tags and journaling cards.

Back/ closed

I used French Country papers from Graphic 45 and Pumpkin Pie cardstock from Stamin' Up with
Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to distress the edges.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.

Next, these are Artist Trading Cards that I made for an RAK on the Newbie Junk Journal Makers.  The theme is Vintage (1900-1930).  This was another first for me but I really enjoyed making them.   I used A Ladies' Diary papers from Graphic 45, Very Vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up, and Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Vintage Photo (my favorite!)

Front

Back


Lastly, these are my April through August Snack Bag album pages.  The April prompt was color.  For May the prompt was to use a quote.


June's prompt was Nature and July's prompt was to do a technique I had never done before- Faux Illustration Doodles, where you pick a picture and outline it with black to make it look like you drew it and colored it in.  I was really happy with how this one turned out.


August's prompt was to make a triptych where you cut a picture into 3 sections.  The background I made using  photo paper sprayed with Dylusions Inks, then stamped a rose onto it and colored the rose with black Sharpie.  It took a long time to dry, though!
 

I hope you've enjoyed what I've been up to.  There will be more coming soon!!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!