This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, May 24, 2019

Altered Playing Cards

I recently participated in an altered playing card RAK event of the Newbie Junk Journal Makers FaceBook page.  I had never made an altered playing card before, but, hey, I make cards...so how much different can it be?  It was actually harder than I thought.  We had several prompts that we had to follow- the theme had to be circus there had to be circles, the color purple, yarn or ribbon, either fussy cutting, embossing, or use die cuts, and use foil.  Trying to get all of that on a small playing card is tough!  Here is the first one that I made.  I didn't use a playing card but I was within the size guides that they give.

 This is the front:

This is the back:

We had to choose someone who was playing along with the event to send our card to.  In return, I would get one from someone else.

Today, I decided to make another one (I actually found some old playing cards in a drawer).  Here it is:

I had a lot of fun  making these.  The Newbie Junk Journal Makers page is a lot of fun, too.  You should check them out!!!  (I just realized I used the same circus photo for both cards!)

1 comment:

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!