This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, January 10, 2020

AlteredPaper Clips

Today I'd like to show you two altered paper clips that I made. These are just samples that I made for my sample box.  The first is made using an old dictionary page.  I masked the word that I wanted to highlight, in this case Happy, and then I sponged brown ink all over the piece.  It was then glued to a piece of cardstock.  I used a piece of ecru colored lace across the top and added 3 vintage postage stamps that had been sponged around the edges with brown ink.  A hole was punched at the center bottom and I inserted an antique brass eyelet.  Using a bulb pin with colored beads and a bee charm, I then inserted that into the eyelet.


The second one I made was using an old child's puzzle piece.  First, I peeled the puzzle picture off the piece and using collage paste, I added small pieces of dictionary pages and music paper.  I then
decopauged a piece of rice paper on the top. Once dry, I sponged brown ink around the edges and added the work love typed on vanilla cardstock. Again I punched a hole and inserted an antique pewter eyelet.  The charm is made using a bulb pin, clear beads and a bee charm.  A large paper clip was glued to the back and covered with a piece of vanilla cardstock


Give these a try!  Google altered paperclips and you'll be surprised at how many kinds there are or...use your imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!