This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Bombshell's July Sketch Challenge

It's like a million degrees outside today, so I thought it was a good time to catch up on my stamping challenges.

Kathi, Bombshell's resident sketch guru, gave us a fabulous sketch for this month. Take a look:

It's an easy sketch, but one with SO many possibilites!! Here's my take on her sketch:

I LOVE how this turned out!! I really like the olive and burgundy color combination. The card base is Basic Black. The Old Olive panel is embossed using one of my Tim Holtz embossing foldes- Retro Circles...did I mention I LOVE my new Tim Holtz embossing folders??! Well, I DO! I used 2 different patterns of DSP as the background layers...both from Basic Grey's Lemonade pack. The image, from Girl's Ruin, is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. Self- adhesive "Bling It" burgundy gems from Basic Grey were attached around the edge of the Nestability-cut ovals. Nothing hard or extreme about this card, but instead it's a simple but pretty card...or at least I think so!! :)

Now, do you want to play along and possibily win a fabulous prize? Create a card using Bombshell Stamps and the sketch above and post it to this link. We can't wait to see what you create!!!

5 comments:

  1. great card Mary! That HH looks like velvet :) Liking those Tim Ef's :) Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch and wonderful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card, love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool and love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors and great take on that sketch.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!