I recently challenged the Bombshell Design Team to use a technique that they have never tried before. This challenge was more to challenge myself. I usually don't try new techniques...I usually stay with what I know. I decided to try the Cracked Glass Technique. I've been wanting to try this for SO long, but for some reason, I never did. I even bought the UTEE, which has been sitting collecting dust for years!! So, this was my opportunity to give this technique a go!
Here's the card that I made using this technique:
Close up to show the "cracking"
I don't know WHY I wanted so long to try it...it was SO easy to do and I love the antiqued look that it gives to the image. I thought Bombshell's Retro Cowgirl was the perfect image to use with this technique. What do you think?
Here is a quick tutorial of how to do it in case you're interested in giving it a go...
Cracked Glass Technique
1. Stamp image onto cardstock.
2. Color image as desired.
3. Cut image to desired size.
4. Coat entire image panel evenly using Versark or Embossing pad.
5. Sprinkle UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) evenly over image.
6. Using heat gun, heat until melted.
7. While image is hot, sprinkle with another layer of UTEE (if image
has cooled, just reink with Versamark or Embossing pad).
8. Heat until melted.
9. Repeat several times until image is completely smooth.
10. Place in freezer for 2-3 minutes or until completely cooled.
11. Remove from freezer (image might be warped at this time but that’s okay!)
12. Gently bend image to crack the glaze. Repeat until you’re happy with the
way it looks.
If desired, rub dark brown ink across the image to show the cracks more. Adhere image to card as desired.
**If you need a “visual” tutorial, check out Split Coast Stampers’ Cracked Glass Tutorial here. They have pictures AND a video!
Make sure to stop by the Bombshell Stamps' blog to see what new and exciting techniques the Design Team has to show!
Stamps: Retro Cowgirl (Bombshell Stamps)
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up!), star patterned paper by KCCompany
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel, Close To Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug, oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities, Copic Markers, star brads (Stampin' Up!), Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, heat gun, sponge
12 hours ago