This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Summer Daze"

Bombshell's "Ms. July", Kathi, challenged us to create a project that reflects what summer means to us AND we were to use a handmade embellishment. Most of you know I ride a motorcycle...summer days are perfect for getting out and riding the back roads on my bike. I like riding when it's hot...the hotter the better, in my opinion! For my "Summer Daze" creation, I decided to use one of Bombshells' fabulous motorcycle images. This bike image is very similar to my actual bike, so I use it often. Here is my card:

For my handmade embellishment, I stamped onto white ribbon using the checkboard image from Bombshell's Vintage Motorcycles set. I hope that handstamped ribbon counts as a "handmade embellishment". Here's a close-up:


The papers that I used represent the colors of the great outdoors...blue for the bright summer sky, green and brown for the trees. There's something to be said about the freedom and relaxation of riding on a summer's day! Hmm, I think I'll go for a ride now!! :)

Stamps: Harley Bikes, Vintage Motorcycles
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue (Stampin' Up!), striped patterned paper (Close to My Heart), GP110 white
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, 1" white satin ribbon, clear Dew Drops, Aleen's Jewel It glue

7 comments:

  1. Verrrrry. nice. Love the image, colors and layouts. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is AMAZING!!! Your layout and design are simply gorgeous....the colors are beautiful and I love your custom ribbon!!! That sentiment is fabulous!!

    Gorgeous work!!

    Crafty Hugs Honey!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, its your bike!! Great card as always. Love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Mary. What a good idea to stamp on the ribbon...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary! This is perfect for a summer time card. It's great and I love your checkerboard ribbon. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love those motorcycle cards and what could be more summery than a ride on the bike?

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so awesome love everything about it

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!