This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, May 26, 2019

New Junk Journal

I spent the day in my hide-away making a new junk journal.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I gutted an old book and covered it inside and out with Graphics 45 Secret Garden papers.  I sewed in 5 signatures of various papers.

Here are pictures of the outside.


Here is the binding where I sewed in 5 signatures.  I really need practice doing this!


This is the inside cover.


I made several pages in this journal today., most using items that I received from Happy Mail RAKs.  Again, I need practice on this, too!

 The little brown page is made from a sheet of cork paper.  It cracked when I folded it so I just addes some Washi tape to hole it together.


The cork paper page opened.  I added a tiny vintage file folder inside. There is a mini vintage post card in the pocket with the Victorian lady.


Here the little file folder is open with some things in it that I received in Happy Mail from Lisa.


This page is made using items I received in a Happy Mail from Sherry.  We participated in an RAK event where we had to make an altered playing card and mail it to someone else in the event.  Her card is inside the doily pocket she made.


This page was made using items I received from Lisa.  The honeycomb/bee paper was what she had my package wrapped in.  I love that paper and decided to use it.  There is a journaling card inside the pocket on the left side. Lisa's altered playing card is in the center of the right side page with the balloons.


This ladt page is made using items received from Vanessa.  Her altered playing card (APC) is inside the envelope on the left side that she also made.


I'm really enjoying working in my journal.  I keep looking for stuff (junk) that I can use!  I hope you're all having a nice weekend.  Remember to take a few minutes to remember the solders who lost their lives while serving our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!