This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Birthday Celebration Continues!

Yesterday, I went out with some friends to Savage Mill in celebration of my birthday. Savage Mill is a historic mill in Savage, MD that has been converted into a very cool mall with some wonderfully 'different' shops. Our first stop was at The Queen's Ink, a very 'artsy' stamp store. I had never been to QI before and was excited about seeing what I had been missing! I was NOT disappointed! The store is beautifully decorated and filled to the rafters with all sorts of stamping and scrapbooking supplies! It was almost overwhelming!! After shopping to our hearts content at QI, we went to lunch at Ram's Head Tavern...yummy! After getting our fill of good food and good conversation, we decided to walk off our lunch by meandering throughout the mall. These lovely ladies also gave me some lovely birthday gifts. Here's what I got:

From Loretta, an adorable post-it-note holder made from a chipboard coaster. She attached a decorated RSVP pen with a matching ribbon. Now, maybe I'll be able to find a pen when I need to write something down! She also gave me a cute little bag with my initial on the front and inside it was filled with all sorts of dimensionals. This was such a sweet thing for someone to do who had never even met me before!
This is a card that Rhonda made me. The card has a cut out flower and she placed packing tape on the back and then put glitter on the sticky side. It's SO pretty! She also made 'party favors' (on the left) for everyone. It was filled with chocolates...notice I said WAS! :)
Rhonda also gave me this...a wooden box that she had covered with patterned paper. The box looks like a book, and she painted the edges of the 'pages' in gold. Inside she also lined the box with patterned paper and filled it to the brim with all sorts of stamping goodies- stamps, ribbons, fibers, brads...This box will look so pretty sitting on the coffee table in my living room!
It was such a fun and relaxing day. Thanks, ladies, for inviting me!!

1 comment:

  1. Mary;

    These are all wonderful! I am so glad we got to meet and shop! It was such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!