This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Woo Hoo! It's SUNNY!

Happy sunny Saturday!!! The rains have FINALLY stopped and the sun is out and it's been a beautiful day! I'm SO tired of rain!!!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I stamped!! I made this card today for my senior friend, Miss Laura. A Rose In Winter is a favorite of mine. I haven't used this set to make a card for her so thought I would use it today. All papers are from SU- Basic Black, Whisper White and Bella Rosa DSP. The ink is all SU as well- Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Wild Wasabi, with the exception of the black ink which is Memento Tuxedo Black (you know- all this time and I never realized I was spelling Memento wrong! Oops!) The Notebook Paper stamp if from Cornish Heritage Farms.
Last Saturday I was supposed to go to a shoebox swap with the Meade Girls. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well and didn't go. Amanda sent me the card that she took to the swap- isn't it beautiful?! I believe that the set is Cheep Talk by SU, but I'm not totally sure. I LOVE the wide dotted ribbon that she used. I'll bet she bought that on one of the Meade Girls' ribbon runs!! Fabulous colors and fantastic layout! Thanks, Amanda, for thinking of me!! You're a doll!
Then, today in the mail I had a package from Tracy. She sent me a kit for the card that she took to the swap. What a cute card!!! The set is called Forest Friendzy by Cornish Heritage Farms. This was such a fun card to make!! When she made her sample card, she colored the sky and grass using Copics, but I don't have the right blue for the sky so I opted to sponge on the color using Bashful Blue for the sky and Old Olive for the grass. I think it came out cute! Tracy, thanks for being so sweet! The Meade Girls are the BEST!

15 comments:

  1. All three cards are very cute Mary! I especially love the roses in winter with the notebook paper, its really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous, I luv the bird card very pretty!
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with all three! Love the one with the bird, but the knome (sp?) is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card for your friend...i think she is a lucky lady to receive such a beautiful card...i love the rose and how you made it on what looks like note book paper...great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary- such beautiful cards. I am glad I visited your site. Will be back for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous! I loved how you used the notebook paper! Glad I found your site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty!!!! Lucky you to have nice sunny weather. Its yucky here...lol

    have a nice day!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the birdie set- cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, that top card with the rose is soo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rose is very pretty! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy Mary! All your cards are fab...love the layouts on them! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mary,

    Your very welcome! Love your rose card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what lovely cards

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the Cheep Talk set. Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bird one and especially like gnomey!!

    Great job!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!