This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's Mardi Gras!

Happy Fat Tuesday! In honor of Mardi Gras, I made this card using the traditional Mardi Gras colors- purple (for justice), green (for faith), and gold (for power). The 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog is hosting a challenge to create a card or project using these colors and I am submitting this card to their challenge. I thought Butterfly Queen from Bombshell Stamps looks like some of the women during Mardi Gras with the skimpy outfits and the flowing trains and head dresses. I thought the patterned paper's design fit the theme with it's feather-look. What do you think? I will also be submitting this card to The Crafty Pad's Challenge #111 to use RIBBON on your card...and I'm ALL about RIBBON!...Craft Your Passions Challenge #48 and Card Cupids' - both having an Anything Goes challenge this week. Wow...I can't believe one card for 4 challenges!

Stamps: Butterfly Queen by Bombshell Stamps
Cardstock: Concord Crush, YoYo Yellow, Green Galore from Stampin' Up; GP110 white
Patterned Paper:
Accessories: Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, gold stick on beads (Michael's), pop dots, 1" purple grosgrain ribbon (Offray), 3/4" gold grosgrain ribbon (Offray)

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Mary! Love the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bombshell stamps! You have colored beautifully with this one! Thanks for playing at Craft Your Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo! Very mardi Gra! Happy Fat Tuesday to ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card...perfect for Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Mary, I want to look like that! Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, that is one great card. Happy Fat Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Wee, she is a sexy one Mary. Love her done up in Mardi Gras colors, you colored the skin so beautifully. Best touch is the eye shadow, love the glammed up look. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and great image. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  9. she really is a bombshell - love her all glammed up and your papers are perfect!!
    is it flooding down your way yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. va va voom, I am wishing...lol..great card for mardi gras....Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh love the bombshell stamps! I need to go shopping! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!