This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Meade Girls' Ribbon Challenge

Last Friday, a group of Meade Girls met for lunch. It was a fun time getting together- as usual! Then, Amanda pulls out a roll of this nearly day-glow rainbow striped ribbon and made us a challenge. If we were to accept the challenge (and of course, we ALL did!) we had to make a card using all of the colors in the ribbon (red, yellow, orange, green and blue) AND use the ribbon on the card. So....this is what I came up with! Well, it's DEFINITELY bright!! :)
I had just gotten this Whiff of Joy donkey stamp and thought he'd be perfect to use for this challenge card. Isn't he cute!? The card base is YoYo Yellow. The next layer is Pumpkin Pie (no, I didn't have any Only Orange- or if I do I couldn't find any!). Then I cut 3 smaller layers out of Green Galore, Real Red and Brilliant Blue and embossed them in my Cuttlebug using different designed embossing folders. The image is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on GP110 white CS and colored using my Copics. I then sponged around the edges of the image using Green Galore ink. I wrapped the striped ribbon (which Amanda got from one of her ribbon runs to the Offray Ribbon Outlet in Hagerstown) around opposite corners. The yellow 3-D embellishment at the bottom says "Celebrate" and is from Paperbilities. One of my Divine Secret Sisters sent them to me and I thought it would work perfectly for this challenge. I then cut small pieces of the ribbon and attached using silver brads through the holes on each end of the embellishment and attached the entire thing to the bottom of the card using a thick popdot. So... that's my ribbon challenge card...I don't think it turned out too badly and I do believe that it's actually "usable"! Hmm- I wonder who has the next birthday?!? Now I can't wait to see what the other girls came up with!!

23 comments:

  1. what fun colors and really like the rainbow ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Mary! How cute is this card? You did a wonderful job. I LOVE the colors and the image. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent use of the rainbow ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, he is tooo cute!!! Love this stamp and some of the other amimal stamps tooo from whiff of joy!!! Great job hun!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!! Love the different textures and the bright colors!! Cute donkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mary this card is adorable.. it kind of reminds me of the donkeys on the posters of "pin the tail on the donkey" form when i was a little girl..(a LONGGGGG time ago...LOL)

    this is a wonderful card mary
    TFS!
    michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, you did an awesome job! Way to meet that challenge! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary- Your card is so fun! Love your donkey!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice balance of colors and a cute, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with that challenge. You made all the colors work nicely and not look too bright. Great job coloring the donkey. I think this would be a perfect kid's card! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute and colorful, great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and the colors are just perfection.

    Sande

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love how bright and cheerful this one is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, you did a fabulous job with the challenge! Love the bright colors and different textures and especially the unique way you did the ribbon! I hope my card is half as good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary! There's a little goodie for you on my blog! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i LOVE it! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and the ribbon. I got this image in a swap- now I have some inspiration to use it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my word...this is absolutely adorable!!!! What a darling donkey image (we have donkeys so I am partial to those sweet animals)and you did a fabulous job with the pretty ribbon!!!! thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment!!!! Your blog is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this is so cute! I love how you used three different folders to create your background, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!