This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Card Patterns Sketch #38

Sherrod Studio is sponsoring Card Patterns sketch #38 this week and I thought I'd give it a go. Here's what I came up with.


I used Sherrod Studio's Christmas Greetings stamp set. I used 3 of the different patterned trees in Real Red and Green Galore ink on GP110 white cardstock. I sponged the edges using Green Galore ink and paper pierced along the corners, then placed 2 silver brads on both sides of the image panel. I also stamped Celebrate the Season in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then added a star on top of each tree. The card base is Garden Green and the pattered paper is unknown- it's some I picked up at my LSS's 'yard sale'. The white ribbon is from Offray, the flower is from Irene's Attic, and the Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon is from Stampin' Up.
I hope that you'll give this sketch a try and make sure to post your creation to the Card Pattern's blog using Mr. Linky. You might win some FREE Sherrod Studio Stamps!! Good luck!!

16 comments:

  1. Mary, What a great card!! I love it!! Those trees are very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love non traditional colored holiday cards! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those trees with that DP! :) Great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! beautiful colors. Love your card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet card, I love the colors and the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary,

    hope you are well! I love this card...very crisp and clean! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there, havent popped in for a few days (work took over) and just caught up on all the posts I've missed...you are so talented! love the colors you chose for this one...super piercing and that flower really sets off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great holiday card! Colors and design are fabulous. Love all the piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card and I like the layout! Great job...tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - love it!! Love the trees and all the piercing you did in the corners :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, you did an awesome job on this card! Great colors and details! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great sketch and I love the patterned trees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card!! LOVE the colors and the images!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome card, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!