It’s World Card Making Day! Sherrod Studios is participating in Paper Craft Planet’s Group Blog Hop today from 6- 7pm! I hope that you'll stop by and check out all of the challenges!!! For Sherrod Studio’s part of the hop, Kim, owner of Sherrod Studio, challenged us to create a treat holder using the All Hallows Eve stamp set. I remembered making these little gum/treat holders a while back for a RAK group that I was in, so I decided to use that idea for this challenge. I had a difficult time getting a really good picture, but I hope you're able to see it well enough here:
Here are the directions to make these little holders:
1. Cut a piece of colored cardstock into a 2-1/2" x 8" rectangle.
2. Score and fold at 2-1/4" and 2-3/8" from both ends.
3. Using the Window Word Punch, punch a slot at one end leaving approximately ½" at end.
4. Cut a 2" square of white cardstock. Stamp images and mat onto another square of coordinating cardstock.
5. Using red tape or mono adhesive, adhere punched end to center of middle section, being careful to only apply adhesive to the space above the slot when folded up.
6. Adhere stamped and matted image to top leaving an overlap of about 1-1/2" to allow for closure. Decorate as desired.
7. Insert gum packet or thin snack-sized chocolate bar into slot. Attach sticky Velcro dots or squares to hold closed.
I used the haunted house image from All Hallows Eve. All papers are from Stampin’ Up- Green Galore, Basic Black and Whisper White. The image is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored using a combination of Copic and Stampin’ Up markers. Other accessories used: Word Window Punch, sticky Velcro squares, self-stick green gems from Bazzill, antiqued copper brads by Recollections from Michael’s, and Prima Flowers (Halloween collection).
Make sure to check out the other Sherrod Studio Design Team members blogs...the links are in my sidebar to the left!
2 days ago