This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time for Another Tuesday Throwdown!

This week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge is a color challenge...we were challenged to create a card using these colors:



SU: Barely Banana, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, White or Very Vanilla (neutral color).
CTMH: Buttercup, Cranberry, Brown Bag, White or Vanilla (neutral color).

This is the card that I created for this challenge:

I used Creamy Caramel for the card base, then a layer of Ruby Red which I ran through my Cuttlebug using the Herringbone embossing folder (this is a really cool design! It was the first time that I've used this particular folder!) and a strip of Barely Banana which was also run through the Cuttlebug using the Dotted Swiss embossing folder. I stamped the gingerbread man image from Sherrod Studio's Fresh Baked stamp set ontoVery Vanilla cardstock using Creamy Caramel ink. I cut them out and popped them up using dimensionals. I attached self-stick pearls for buttons. The ribbons are from the Offray Ribbon Outlet (if you've never been- you've GOTTA go!), the flowers are Primas and the gold brads are Recollections from Michael's. I stamped the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment onto Very Vanilla using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, punched it out using the Word Window punch, then sponged around the edges using Creamy Caramel ink.
Now, it's YOUR turn!!! Create a card using the challenge colors and post it to your blog or gallery (if you post to your SCS or PCP gallery, please use keyword SSTT03 so we can find you!). Also post a direct link to your card on the Sherrod Studio Blog using Mr. Linky. We can't wait to see your creations!

10 comments:

  1. Such a cute set of gingerbread boys on this card. Nice color challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketch on this color challenge Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gingerbread card. Cute embellishments. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, this is so adorable. Love the little gingerbread men and the colors work well together. I also love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combo and too cute gingerbread men!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of these colors. Love the pearl buttons and touches of gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card... love the gingerbread men and those beautiful flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!