This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Friday!

Can I gripe for a minute? (thank you!) It's COLD! It's been cold, dark, dreary, drizzly all day- actually all day yesterday AND today...and looks like it'll be this way again tomorrow and possibly on Sunday...I'm SO not ready for winter!!

I was off today (furlough day!) so I did a few things around the house and catching up on laundry, but I was able to get one card made. I had borrowed this set- SU's Home for Christmas- from my mom and wanted to try it out. This is what I came up with, although it isn't quite what I had in mind when I started:


Papers are SU's Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, and the new holiday DSP in the holiday mini catalog (I'm SO horrible remembering the DSP's names!). The image is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Creamy Caramel and the sentiment is stamped using Riding Hood Red. The ribbon is 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain. The brads are from Recollections. Hope you like it.
I sure hope that you are warm where ever you are! I'm going now to crawl under the blanket out on the couch and watch TV! Hmm- where is that hot chocolate mix??

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card using my favorite colors. Such a pretty image too. Hope the weather is cheering up for you Mary - it is gloomy in Southern England too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rustic, I love this stamp. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm freezing my butt off too! I love this card! Great layering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally relate to the not ready for winter comment. Although, this card will certainly warm someone's heart this winter when they receive it. Awesome card....stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awsome card! Love the creamy caramel as the image color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card- great BG too. I love the way you stamped the sentiment. It is going to warm up here in the 'burbs of Chicago- up in the 60's this next week....! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fabulous! I really need to start my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was 91 degrees here in Southern California & I'm waiting for Fall to get here anytime it realizes it's no longer summer!!! Lovely card & colors too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with this image. Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mono cromatic feel of the card! The layers are just beautiful.

    I am enjoying the new look of the blog! It is totally awesome.

    I hear you -- as a neighbor it is cold and wet here in Laurel, I'm so ready for it to just stop raining!

    Thanks for your great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like its vintage look! also looks like vellum was used...this technique makes using vellum rare!
    I'm with you on the weather! too soon to be this cold and damp here!!! although its Monday morning and I see sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty, soft and lovely colors. I had to have this set, but haven't inked it up yet. Better get it out, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, I like how you really made the sentiment front and centre and with the boldest colours, with the image subdued to it, since it is a great sentiment and makes such a warm personal card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like all your cards, but when I came to this one, I just fell in love. It's simple, beautiful, elegant. Love, love it. I love how you stamped the sentiment right over the image.

    About the weather ... one day we've had AC on, next day we're freezing, and then it's rainy and humid and warm. Gosh ... I'm all confused!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is beautiful! Love the colors and layering. Love how you overlapped the image.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!