This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

48-Hour Freebie and Challenge!

Sassy Studio Designs is having a special 48-hour freebie and challenge this weekend!!  The image, Effie Trinket, will be one of the brand new releases coming out soon!!  Effie Trinket will only be available from 9am, Saturday, May 5th through 9am, Monday, May 7th, on the Paper Craft Planet SSD page HERE. The challenge is to use Effie Trinket and the following on your card:

E- embossing
F- flowers
F- full of color
I- ink
E- embellishments

Now, I know NOTHING about The Hunger Games. I have not read the book and I have not seen the movie, so I had to go online to search out who Effie Trinket is.  So, knowing nothing about her other than what I found online, here is my card:

Close-up:

For my challenge requirements:

E- embossing- I used my Cuttlebug and Dotted Swiss EF to dry emboss the yellow piece

F- flowers- the paper I used is full of flowers and I added some paper wildflowers

F- full of color- I used blue, bright yellow and pink for my colors- pretty colorful, I think

I- ink- I colored the image using my Copic Markers and then sponged the edges of the panel with ink

E- embellishments- I added some stick-on rhinestones to the corners of the image panel

Check out the SSD Blog HERE for more inspiration from the Design Team and make sure to head on over to the SSD PCP group page to pick up your free Effie Trinket image before it's too late!!!

One person who participates in the challenge will win TWO images from the new release on May 19th!

Stamps:  Effie Trinket by Sassy Studio Designs
Papers:  YoYo Yellow, Buckaroo Blue (Stampin Up), Neenah 80# white, patterned paper (Susan Wright Specialty Paper from K & C Company)
Ink:  Buckaroo Blue (Stampin Up)
Accessories:  Copic Markers, Cuttlebug, Dotted Swiss EF, paper wildflowers (unknown), stick-on rhinestones (Recollections), pop dots, glue dots, sponge

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love that patterned paper and how you colored her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and oh so full of color! The papers, colors and embellies go so well together! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the job you did on this card. Everything is so bright and cheerful just like Effie Trinket. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know nothing about it either ....BUT do know your card is fantastic! Gorgeous coloring......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card & how you colored that image! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card- love your layout- these images are great for coloring- whatever your media! Love that gorgeous floral DSP-and your floral spray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Effie Coloring. Love your card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!