This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

SSD May Release Blog Hop!

***If you're looking for the Hambo Stamps' Channel Surfing Blog Hop, click HERE!***


Welcome to Sassy Studio Designs’ May Release!  Wow, what a FABULOUS collection of images!!  There are 8 brand new images available in the SSD store today- Classic Marie, Sexy Marie, Effie Trinket, Effie Trinket #2, Katniss- girl on fire, and 3 graduate images!  You should have arrived here from Shari’sblog.  If you didn’t, please make sure to start at the beginning at the Sassy Studio Designs’ blog.  You don’t want to miss any of the fabulousness we have in store for you!!

What’s a blog hop without PRIZES and there will be prizes!  3 new images for the grand prize winner chosen randomly from the comments left on the New Release blogpost on the SSD Blog, and 1 image each for 2 winners who will be randomly chosen from comments left on the DT’s blogs.  Winners will have until Wednesday night, May 23rd, to enter since we have such a long hop!

The “theme” this month is FLOWERS.  We are to use flowers on our project, but we are also to tell about our favorite flowers.  I am a wildflower kind of girl…don’t get me wrong, roses are beautiful, and if someone wants to send them to me, I’ll be more than willing to take them- but my favorite flowers are flowers that can be found growing along the roadside or in the woods- daisies, tiger lilies, and my all-time favorite flower- the Black-Eyed Susan. 

Black-Eyed Susan
Rudbeckia hirta
Maryland designated the Black-Eyed Susan as the official state flower in 1918. It is a daisy-like wildflower with yellow petals and a dark brown center that grows in dry places. A member of the sunflower family and native to the United States east of the Rocky Mountains, Black-Eyed Susans are common in Maryland fields and roadsides.

OK, now it’s time for me to show you my card…I am using Effie Trinket #2 from The Hunger Games. I had so much fun using the first Effie Trinket image that I just couldn’t wait to start coloring this new one!  I hope you like it!!



Your next stop is Angela’s blog.  Remember, to leave comments all along the way- YOU might be a winner!!!

Stamps:  Effie Trinket #2 from Sassy Studios Designs, Thanks from Hero Arts Clear Stamps
Papers:  Neenah 80# white, Daffodil Delight, Only Orange (Stampin' Up), patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Copic Markers, paper roses, glue dots, rhinestone flourish (Zva Creations)

42 comments:

  1. Lovely card...great colours you have used.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Cute image. I love the green dress. Her hair is amazing. My flower is tulips just love the softness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your card Mary.... great colours and I really love the bling bling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card and Gorgeous Coloring.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fresh colours of your card!
    Real Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love the kitty pic on the top of your blog! Thanks for letting me play!

    *hugs*
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sassy! This card turned out wonderful! Love the bright green of her dress! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! I really enjoyed The Hunger Games & all of the images are all wonderfully illustrated :) hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This image is so sassy!!! very cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! I love her in green!! Love the dp as well!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, love your card! The colors are beautiful and that added flourish is perfect.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary! Beautiful card and I love all that bling! hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your card really says "spring"!
    It is so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Mary! LOVE that funky paper, and Effie looks very stylish in her green dress and matching shoes! Fab bling too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the emerald green color very striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty Mary. Love the bright and sunny citrus colors. Fun flower addition to her hair, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the colors you used & really great background paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fun image. Love how you used her too. That movie was awesome too.
    Took me forever to get past the kitty cat at the top of your blog. He is a real cutey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love all of your fun, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun card! I really like the bright colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am enjoying this hop so much...all of you are doing a superb job and the images are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card. You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful work! love that green!
    <3 Pam
    MzLavr2Creations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wildflowers are a great idea, I often tell DH that he could just pick me flowers, roses are expensive! Great colour choices, I love the background paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love love love the papers, well not just the papers, love it all! Clever to to color the grey area below her feet. I never think of that, but it really has a nice touch

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mary I love tge colors you used for this card! She really pops and great accent of rhonestones too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very well colored! Love it!!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (Your Sassy DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card. My daughter told me off for colouring Effie's hair orange (apparently it is meant to be pink!) Anyway, the orange and green looks superb together and I love it.
    Just flicked through some of the other comments - I had the same trouble getting past admiring that cute kitty at the top! It really grabs your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab card! I love that image :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card! I love your coloring!:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love it Mary!! she looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What can I say that the other 42 people haven't. This is a beautiful card. Love these colors and all that bling. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!