This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

DTBST #123- You've Been Framed!

Happy Thursday, and welcome to another Dare To Be Sassy Thursday! Our challenge this week is to make a card with a frame on it. I had a hard time coming up with an idea for this challenge...in the end, this is what I created:


...and a close-up of Pirate Penny

I used my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities to cut the scalloped square out of black paper then used my paper cutter to cut out the center to make a frame.   All in all, I guess it didn't turn out too badly.  :)

Check out the Sassy Studio Designs blog for more inspiration using frames.  To purchase Pirate Penny, please visit the SSD store.
Stamps:  Pirate Penny (Sassy Studio Designs), Calling All Scallawags sentiment from A Pirate's Life (Bombshell Stamps)
Papers:  Basic Black (Stampin' Up), Neenah 80# white, patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, paper cutter, Copic Markers, stick on rhinestones, stick on rhinestone flourishes, stick on glitter skull, pop dots

5 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Mary.... love the bling bling on the frame!!!! Nice accent!!!
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is wonderful! Turn out badly????!!!! What are you talking about, this is so pretty. Love the coloring, the gems and pretty background paper. The skull and sentiment are perfect touches. Awesome project Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is a great card! I love how it turned out. Love the added bling and I'm totally digging the sparkly skull and cross-bones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doesn't look like you had a hard time! This card is awesome! I love how you incorporated this blinged out frame for Pirate Penny! I just got her and now I have some great inspiration for when I play with her :) TFS your super neat frame card, Mary! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Awesome ... from the layout, frame, to the coloring, and the bling! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!