This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, March 29, 2019

Snack Bag Mixed Media

Happy Friday!  I have been having a hard time getting my stamping mojo back, so I thought I'd try something new.  I joined a group on Facebook called Mixed Media Morsels.  One of their challenges is to make a snack bag album.  Snack bags are just small brown lunch-type bags..  The bags are folded in half and then put together to make the pages of the album.  They're probably 4" x 4" square, equaling 12 pages- one for each month.  Each month, you receive a "prompt" of how to make your monthly page.  January the prompt was Circles.  You need to use circles on your page- anyway you'd like.  Here is my page for January (yes, I'm a little behind!)






I used black electrical tape for the background, with strips of circle-patterned paper along the top and bottom edges.  I then used different sized bottle caps for the circles using Apple Barrel acrylic paint.  I had a circle patterned sticker that I adhered to the center of that.  I had bought my granddaughter a new game and had to punch out a bunch of little circles in the game board, so that's what the small colorful dots are.  The numeral one in the corner indicates that it's the first challenge of the year.  I used a label maker to print out Life is a Circle...and of course, like usual, I got it crooked, but once it's stuck, it's stuck for good.

Although my page isn't as pretty as some of the other's, I had a lot of fun making it.  If you'd like to check out their Facebook page, just search Mixed Media Morsels and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!