Well...I got my stamp order from Hambo stamps and hadn't had a chance to play with them, so, today I decided I'd make a card using the "Crack Stamper" stamp. The image turned out great- stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on GP110 white cardstock and colored using Copic Markers. I doodled around the edge using my SU Basic Black marker fine tip. So far, so good. I decided to use some of the new Basic Grey Lemonade paper that I had bought- yet, still good...I picked SU's Basic Black as the base card with a layer of Glorious Green, matching the green in the patterned paper...STILL good...I decided to add some Prima flowers and a gold brad- just making it better...but what happened next is beyond me. I, being the ribbon-a-holic that I am, decided that the card NEEDED ribbon...so I pulled out my SU Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon that matched the patterned paper and started putting it on...and on...and on...and on...well, THIS is what I wound up with...THIS is what NOT to do when card making!
It was AFTER I had the card completed that I realized it looks like a psychedelic barber pole!
Well, once that mono-adhesive is down it's stuck! So, I have this hideous card that I can use in a 'fugly' contest! :) So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!!
18 hours ago