This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hi, there, "deer" friend

I love this little set from Stampin' Up, but I just have a hard time coming up with a decent card using it. This is my second attempt using this set (the first ended up in the trash!) I used Bashful Blue for the base card, and Chocolate Chip and Barely Banana for the layers. The patterned paper is Cheeky from Making Memories. I used the SU eyelet border punch and SU Old Olive and Chocolate Chip markers to color the tree. The owl and rabbit are stamped in Chocolate Chip, cut out and popped up using dimensionals. The large pink flower is from Irene's Garden and the smaller orange and green flowers are Primas. The pink gem brad is from S.E.I.
The "Hi there" stamp is from Savvy Stamps. It's a little small for the space, but once it's on...it's on! :) The ribbon is from Michael's.
I guess it's okay, but I really need to practice with this set. Maybe I'll go check out the SCS gallery for some inspiration!

14 comments:

  1. oohh too cute. Iove that lil bunny and owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not get this set but I just love it. You did a fab job on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Mary...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Mary...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you and I am so excited that you found me probably over on the Blog page of SCS?
    BTW, I didn't want this stamp set until I saw what you had done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. So many different elements but they work very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious card, Mary, with these two forest friends!! Beautiful detailing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary that turned out great! Love the primas.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! I love the dimension on your stamped image layer. The colors are yummy too. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww i think it is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your card is cute! The SCS gallery is a treasure trove of ideas for when we feel stumped. Looking forward to seeing your next card idea with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, this is adorable! I think you did a fantastic job all on your own coming up with an idea for this set! Love how you matched the flowers to the colors in the dp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable card! I love this set and use it for CAS cards but can't come up with anything else. But my son loves everything I create with it, so I guess he's gonna be seeing a lot of cards with this set only!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!