This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Art Jouraling with Dyan Revealey at The Queen's Ink!

What a FABULOUS day at The Queen's Ink!!!  Today, Gloria and I took an art journaling class with the uber-talented Dyan Revealey!  I was a little nervous going into the class since I had never done anything like this before, but by the time I left, I was no longer an art journal virgin!  Dyan made it easy...she helped me shed any doubts that I had whether I could do this or not.  Here are a couple of pictures from today:

THE Dyan Revealey cleaning her leopard-print cat's eye glasses prior to the beginning of class.  I absolutely LOVED her dress- the fabric was covered with pin-ups!!  How adorable!!!

 
Getting ready to start!



My pretty brand-spanking new Creative Journal:

 
My not-so-brand-spanking-new journal all inky!  Uh, now I see why Dyan says to wait till your journal is full before decorating the outside.  Here's the front of mine:



...and the back:


Dyan autographed a blank page in my journal.  She said that I HAD to journal on the page- that the Sharpie that she used would still show through.  I think it's gonna be hard to do that!

 
So not to be intimidated by the blank sheets in our journals, Dyan made us rip out pages and taught us how to put them back into the journal.  She also had us spray onto many pages...the beginnings of journals to be.  On this one, you can see some of the stenciling that we did:


Here, you can just see the shadowing of the stencils:

 
The next pages were made using Distress Stain Daubers.  There are 4 different pages with torn edges.



I love the colors on this page.  Can you see the slight shadowing of the numbers?


On this page, Dyan had us write a paragraph that she recited, then had us write whatever came to mind to completely fill the page.  We then used a black star stencil to cover up the writing and color in the stars.  Of course, mine isn't completed.


This is the only page that we actually completed.  She had us cut out pictures from a magazine then attach a different head to it and then decorate the image using a white pen.  The leaves were stamped over the black ink and then we removed the black color from the leaves using a waterpen before coloring them in with inks.  Definitely a little out of my comfort zone, but it was fun!!

 
Now I have all of these pages started and have to work on getting them finished.   I have several brand new sets of Dyan's stamps and I think it'll be a lot of fun using them!!!
 
I am SO glad that Gloria convinced me to take this class!!  Thanks, Gloria!!!  I had a blast!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job Mary. So proud of you! Now you must teach us the techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Miss Mary! You completely rocked this! Cannot wait to see what all you do with your new journal!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, the class sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'd love to try it sometime...CLASS!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!