This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sassy Studio Designs NEW RELEASE!

This weekend, Sassy Studio Designs is releasing several brand new Christmas images....and they are fabulous!!!  Make sure to visit the SSD Blog to see the other releases- Santa Sassy, The Greatest Gift, and Reindeer Sassy.  We are also having a challenge- Shabby Chic.  There will be prizes- we will have prizes given for 2 random selected comments on the SSD Blog and all 5 images given to the selected project of the challenge.  So make sure to play along by uploading your Shabby Chic creation to the SSD Blog using Inlinkz!

What is Shabby Chic?  Well, I looked the definition up and this is what I found: Shabby Chic is something that's rather worn out/tattered and appears shabby, but has a touch of understated class.  I have never done shabby chic before and was a little intimidated by this challenge!  So, here is my Shabby Chic card, whether it really IS shabby chic or not!  :)

The image that I am featuring today is called "All Wrapped Up" and she is one hot little package!  :)

 
Close-up:


I found some designer paper at Michael's this is made of kraft with gold embossing.  I layered that onto kraft paper with a layer of gold metallic paper.  I added bit of cream-colored lace and doily plus a little bit of gold metallic ribbon.  The December 25 piece is cut from the pack of patterned paper  and popped up on pop dots.  I "sat" the image on top of it.  A gold earring to match the gold embossing and ribbon, and a few cream-colored paper flowers finish off my shabby chic creation.

So, how'd I do??  I know I need practice!  I also need practice with my new camera.  I'm having trouble getting the flash just right.  I apologize for the poor pictures!  I think my next class should be in photography!

Now, if you haven't been there, yet, head on over to the SSD Blog for more inspiration from the design team!!! 

13 comments:

  1. She is definitely a hot package. Gorgeous coloring. Love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace and the added doily! Perfectly vintage Mary! Your coloring is fabulous! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I think you did the shabby chic perfectly. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you hit this one out of the park, Mary! Luuuv the lace & doily & I luv how you've positioned her :) hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your getting pretty racy there Ms. Mary. Love the job you did on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I love this! You totally nailed the shabby chic/vintage with this card. So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love all the lace. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I love the lace and doily, and the snowflake paper, and the coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally Hot. Shabby Chic indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Mary, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card Mary & that image is FAB! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! The lace and doily are beautiful!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, the lace and doily are just the perfect touches! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!