This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

DTBST #153- Christmas But NOT a Card!

This week's Dare To Be Sassy Thursday challenge is to create a Christmas project but it can't be a card!  I wasn't quite sure what to make but then I remembered the adorable note pad holders we learned how to make at my friend Amanda's house during our Black Friday Crafting Day.  To make this note pad holder, I used Stampin' Up's clear stamp (DVD) container lined with designer paper.  The pad is attached to one side with a matching RSVP pen and on the other side is a pocket for receipts.  (The plan was to put the word "receipts" on the pocket but I kinda sorta misspelled it...thankfully I checked my spelling before I attached it!  I didn't have time to re-stamp it, but I'll do that at a later date.)  So, here is my Christmas-but-not-a-card project- the "Naughty List"- for this week:

 
I used SSD's Ellie the Elf image. Isn't she gorgeous?  This is one of the images that is being retired on Friday, November 30th, so if you love her like I do, you'd better hurry and grab her before she's gone!!
 
Inside:


I apologize for the poor photo of the outside of the note holder- I kept getting a lot of glare with the flash, so I had to turn it off.

Make sure to check the SSD Blog to see what the rest of the DTBST team has created!  You will be SO impressed!!

This is my last week on the DTBST team.  Starting next week, I will be on the Fabulous Friday Freebie team!

Stamps:  Ellie the Elf (Sassy Studio Designs), alphabet letters
Paper:  Neenah 80# white, patterned paper (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Stazon Black
Accessories:  Clear Stamp Case (Stampin' Up), note pad, RSVP pen, redline tape, scrap of ribbon to hold pen

7 comments:

  1. Love this idea. This looks Awesome Mary. Beautiful Coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! You'll have to share the tutorial. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project, Mary and that stamp is the cutest.

    Great job!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the kind words.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, love this notepad holder. Great idea! Especially love that sentiment...it made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great. Thats a great sentiment for the notepad holder. I can just picture Santa listing names on it. lol Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. I just love this idea "naughty list", am I on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, love the colors and that image!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!