This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Better Late Then Never!

This is a card that I made for Sherrod Studio's Sneak Peak/New Release Blog Hop. It was supposed to be posted for Thursday but with my internet connection problems- that didn't happen. SO sorry, Kim!

Anyway, this card is made using Sherrod Studio's brand new stamp set called Winter Wonderland. Aren't these penguins adorable?

I used Sahara Sand for the card base, with a layer of GP110. The patterned paper- Holiday Lounge- is from Stampin' Up and I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Snowflake Dots embossing folder. the penguins are stamped onto GP110 white using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers, then sponged around the edges using Tempting Turquoise ink. The image is layers on Tempting Turquoise cardstock, then Saraha Sand. The sentiment- "Snowflakes are winter's butterflies" is punched out using SU's Modern Label Punch. I also punched out the snowflakes from the set using the 1-1/4" circle punch and layered them onto 1-3/8" circles of Sahara Sand. I attached self-stick clear gems to the centers of the snowflakes, onto the main image and the sentiment. I think this turned out quite nicely.

Make sure to check out Sherrod Studio's brand new releases! Also check out Sherrod Studio's blog for more fabulous cards using these new sets!

12 comments:

  1. I love the great colors you achieved- love the idea of DSP through the Cuttlebug. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. may be late but it doesnt disappoint! love the colors and your design!! those penquins are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card!! I love all of the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the color combo and the bling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colors, design and texture. How adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun stamps, and the gemstones make a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, love those little penguins. The embossed patterned paper is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary;

    This is such a great card. Love the added sparkle from the small jewels. Very nicely done! I'll have to check this set out its really adorable!

    Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background for these cute penguins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color combo and those penguins are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!