This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday Throwdown Sneak Peek!!

Welcome to another Tuesday Throwdown, but this one is special because we're also giving you some sneak peeks at a brand new stamp set that Sherrod Studio will release on Thursday, November 19!

First of all, the Tuesday Throwdown challenge is a color challenge- Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, Real Red and Summer Sun. I never would have put these colors together, but I like it!!! Here is my card using this terrific color combination:


The stamp set that I used is called Rock & Roll. It's a pretty cool set that is perfect for the guys in your family- especially those pre-teens and teens- or any musician. The set consists of a guitar, a drum set, a microphone, a flourish (seen on the card above), a flourishy-type musical score (also on the above card), and several sentiments, and will be available for puchase on Thursday. I kept my card pretty simple because of all the different colors. Instead of using plain Real Red cardstock, I used one of the patterned papers from SU's Christmas Cocoa DSP set. The card is pretty self-explanatory so I won't go into detail. After stamping the 3 images onto the GP110 white cardstock, I sponged around the 4 corners using our challenge colors, then added a couple of red brads (Recollections).
Check out the other Sherrod Studio Design Team members' blogs here:
Now, it's your turn to play along with the challenge. Create your card using the 4 challenge colors- Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Real Red, and Summer Sun- and post your card to your blog or online gallery (use keyword SSTT06), then go to Sherrod Studio's blog and, using Mr. Linky, post a direct link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create!!!
Make sure to come back tomorrow. I'll be giving you a peek at a fabulous winter set that I'm sure you'll love!! See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card, love the images and you did such a nice job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card your spongeing really made this pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did the best on this challenge. The spongeing effect worked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great with the colors. I too love the sponging on the card.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!