This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's Tuesday Throwdown Time!

I can't believe it's already been a week since our last Tuesday Throwdown. I hope that you ejoyed our color challenge last week and that you had a fun time participating. Okay, here is this week's challenge- and it's a sketch...

What a fun sketch! Here is the card that I made using Kim's great sketch:


I'm really quite pleased with the outcome. I used SU's retired Cranberry Crisp- the last of my stash! :( The designer papers are from PaperTrey Ink's First Fruits Collection. The coordinating cardstock is So Saffron. The pilgrim couple image is from Sherrod Studio's adorable Harvest Blessings set and is stamped in GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics then sponged with Cranberry Crisp ink. I used the 1-1/4" square punch to punch out the white squares, then used my paper cutter to cut the Cranberry and Saffron squares. The top square is popped up on dimensionals. The ribbons are from Offray and the stick-on gems are from Bazzill. I love these colors together and the PTI designer papers are fabulous!
Head on over to Sherrod Studio's blog to check out what the rest of the design team has created. Don't forget to play along! Create your card using the above sketch and post it on the SSTT04 thread on the blog using Mr. Linky! Go now and have fun!!

15 comments:

  1. Great sketch & pretty card Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card!! Love the vintage feel!! and nice sketch too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow- what a wonderful take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, what a great sketch! I love the DS paper. It goes perfect with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch - I love the pilgrims used this way - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty. I may have to steal this sketch idea. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous, great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this one, fab interpretation of the sketch :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is so pretty I love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh awesome!! Love how they are peeping out the window!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! The colors look so warm and I love the sparkly rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect card for this sketch! I like how you cropped their faces and layered ribbons over that great DP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the background on the left side with the ribbon. Great sketch

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!