This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bombshell Hump Day Hop...Brickyard Blues!

Welcome to the Bombshell Hump Day Hop!! Today's challenge is to make a card using the Brick Wall technique (seen here). This was a brand new technique for me...it's kinda fun! :)

The first thing I thought of (probably like everyone else!) was the Commodore's song Brick House. At first, I was going to use one of the Bombshell girl stamps because we KNOW that they're all built like a Brick House!! :) After giving it some thought, I thought everyone would be thinking the same way, so I decided to go another route...instead, I used one of the Hot Rod sets. Here is the card that I made for this challenge:


The card base is one that I received in a blog candy. It's a textured olive green card, but I don't know who makes it. The 'bricks' were cut from another piece of patterned paper that I received in the same blog candy- it's brick red with a sort of slight mottled design to it- perfect for bricks! I cut the brick-colored paper into strips, then cut the 'bricks' 1-inch long. I attached them to a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock alternating in a brick-like pattern. The crown stamp is from Bombshell's Speed Shop hot rod stamp set. I stamped it randomly on the bricks to fill in the blank space. The hot rod and the banner are from Bombshell's King of the Road hot rod stamp set. (These sets are PERFECT for the car-loving guys in your family!) I stamped the hot rod onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it using Copic's orange marker and then used an At You Spica pen in silver glitter to color the 'chrome' on the hot rod. The car is cut out and attached using dimensionals. The banner is also stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black and I did some shadowing with my Copic W-3 gray marker, cut it out and attached it on an angle to the top of the card. It looks to me like it's still missing something, however, I couldn't figure out exactly what it was missing!

The brick wall technique is lots of fun and you should give it a try. In the meantime, hop on over to the other participating Bombshell Design Team members and see what they created using this unique technique!

Angela
Ms. November - Mary G.
Glittery Katie
Kathi
Gabby
Sarah
Kas
Miss Magoo
...and remember to leave comments at each of our blogs! The more comments you leave, the more chances you'll have to win a fabulous prize from Bombshell Stamps!

15 comments:

  1. I dont see it missing anything! love your patience in doing this card...one of these days I will try it - looks like a good way to use scraps...?? This is perfect "man card"....TFS
    and have a happy, blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary, I love that you used the car set instead. Great thinkin'! Such a great masculine card, I don't think it's missing a thing. *grin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! PERFECT with those cars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way this came out and your thinking was divine. The paper is perfect for this. Great card and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am always looking for "brick paper" why don't I just make it!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this is an awesome card! I really love the brink paper! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Mary, the brick wall looks so realistic! I thought the way you did the car and other elements flowed so well, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I love the hot rod in front of the brick wall and love the crowns and the banner.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brick technique seemed like A LOT of work! Is it as bad as I think it is??? You did a great job it's mighty mighty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a marvelous job with this, Mary. IMHO, it's not missing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the crowns in the occasional brick. Nice effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! It looks fabulous ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Dad is a car guy- I bet most guys would love this too- I love the word banner and I like the touch of the crowns on the brick. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Mary. Love the brick wall, very cool. Perfect with the car image.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!