This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bombshell Hump Day Hop

Whose Got the Button??? Our fearless challenge leader, Angela (aka Inky Button) has challenged us this week to create a card or project using buttons. Hmm- Inky BUTTON? A BUTTON challenge?? Coincidence?!? :)

Buttons are everywhere- they're on your shirt, on your jacket, on your pants...and they're on our cards!! Here is the card that I created using buttons:


The card base is textured More Mustard cardstock. The image is stamped onto GP110 cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored using my beloved Copic Markers. I sponged around the edges using Real Red ink, then layered it onto Basic Black. While rummaging through my embellishment box for buttons, I found this forgotten-about red Magic Mesh and thought it would be perfect for this card. I found some red and yellow buttons and using craft glue dots, attached them to a panel of Basic Black and textured More Mustard cardstocks. I stamped "Hot Rod Classic", then punched it out using SU's Modern Label punch, and sponged around the edges using Real Red ink. I used pop dots to attach it to the card. Originally, I had planned on using the buttons to make a traffic light, but, alas, I had no green buttons...

This was a fun challenge and I think I'll use this card for my brother's birthday in January. He's a classic, just like this car! :)

Now, make sure to hop on over to the other Bombshell Design Team members blogs and see how they used their buttons!!

15 comments:

  1. I love this card- I grew up with a dad that loves to fix up cars...... Great coloring and I love your button embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, my hubby has a classic car so I thought of him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you do with those Hot Rod stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring and I love those bright buttons.

    Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how bright and shiny those buttons are! That mesh makes a great accent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this card. It brings such warm memories of ages past, when times were simpler, not so crazy busy and as a population we were more carefree and relaxed. It also reminds me of the countless male relatives who were obsessed with cars. Thank you for putting a gentle smile on my face today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is cute! I love it! The first thing that came to mind was...dang...she could easily add a green button and it would be an instant stop light! Well...kinda like the one they have a drag races...soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for a man i always get stuck on those and i am a button fanatic and those are so pretty!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love the way you colored the car and I also love the buttons & Magic Mesh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and layout Ms.November! Wonderful color up and use of the button challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card! Awesome design and the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way the touches of red make the yellow and gold really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, this is too rich! Great job! Awesome color and detail! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mesh is very effective, it adds more depth to the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!