This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Friday, November 13, 2009

Meade Girls' Challenge and Baltimore Swap

This card is pulling a double duty- first of all, the Meade Girls' challenge was to create a Christmas card using non-traditional colors. I thought these colors were pretty non-traditional...Here, I used Basic Black for the card base, then Tempting Turquoise and Pixie Pink for the layers and the snowflakes. I pulled out an old SU set called Snowflakes. This was one of the first SU sets that I bought. I randomly stamped the small snowflakes in turquoise and Pixie Pink on the white panel, then sponged along the edges using Pixie Pink and then layered it onto Turquoise. I stamped the large snowflake in turquoise and again sponged around the edges using Pixie Pink, then layered it Pixie Pink and then Turquoise. I stamped "warmest wishes' from one of the AYC sets in turquoise and then punched it out using the large oval punch. I sponged around the edges and then used pop dots to attach it. Lastly, I applied a clear Dew Drop to the center of the snowflake. Easy peasy!

Tomorrow, I'm going to the Baltimore SBS in Perry Hall and this is the card that I'm taking. I hope the ladies there like it, even if it is simple and 'non-traditional'. I figured this card could be used as a Christmas card, but also as a winter birthday or thinking-of-you-type card.

17 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the colors and the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Mary! Love the non-traditional colors - it works perfectly for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. I especially love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Mary! Love the use of the black and turquoise together! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking color combo! what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Great use of sponging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!! I love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on this challenge, Mary! Beautiful! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bright and fun! Love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the non traditional colors, perfect for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors- your card is beautiful! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the edging around the card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors on your card hun!!! Very pretty!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's gorgeous! love the colors and your details - this one just pops off the page at you :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!