This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hump Day Hop!!

It's November and I'm SO excited to be Ms. November Bombshell!!! I'll be your challenge hostess this month and I hope you enjoy the challenge I've designed for you! First, here are the contest details:

CONTEST GUIDELINES: (CONTEST ENDS NOV. 31, 2009)
The creation can be a card, layout or altered item, but must:
1. use a Bombshell Stamp somewhere
2. use a song as the inspiration for your creation!
3. tag the photo's of your submission with "BSSOCT09", to be entered in the drawing!

To INCLUDE YOUR SUBMISSION you need to have either an album created in the Bombshell Gallery, or a profile on Paper Craft Planet (PCP). Just tag your photo with the code listed above so we can find it and add you to the drawing. You can also show off your card by posting it here on the Bombshell forum. We'd all love to see what you came up with!

The song that inspired me is an old Irish folk song called The Spanish Lady. Here are the lyrics that made me think of using this particular stamp set: As I came back through Dublin city at the hour of half past eight, Who should I spy but the Spanish lady brushing her hair in the broad daylight. First she tossed it, then she brushed it, on her lap was a silver comb. In all my life I ne'er did see a maid so fair since I did roam.



The stamp set that I chose to use is called Lucky Bride by Bombshell Stamps. This card is 5-1/4" square. The card base is SU's Basic Black with layers of Sahara Sand and the flocked DSP from the Christmas Cocoa pack. (It's in the SU Holiday Mini catalog!) The image is stamped onto GP110 white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic Markers. I used a gold At You Spica pen to outline the fans and the swirls of her veil. I used my oval Nestabilities to cut out the images. I attached a length of white lace (unknown) and gold metallic ribbon (from Michael's) to the left side, then attached red stick-on pearls (from Mark Richards) and pearl stick-on beads (from Hero Arts).

Remember, you also have another way to win!! Visit each of these blogs and leave a comment on each one. The more comments you leave, the more chances you'll have of winning a great prize! Make sure to check out the other Bombshell Design Team members and see what songs they were inspired by!!

Ms. November - Mary G.
Kathi
Glittery Katie
Nicole
Jacquie
Angela
Terra



Thanks for stopping by!!

23 comments:

  1. Wow - very nice! What a different stamp image that is! I like the lace on the card too!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I love the lace detail on it and the red and white pearls, and your coloring is awesome! Goes perfectly with your song! Thanks for the great challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, what a terrific job you did with this lovely card! I especially loved all the little extras, like lace and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! Have fun on the hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty. I have never heard that song, but the lyrics you left show that you did a great job representing this song with the card.
    Congrtulations on the Ms. November title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness! What a gorgeous card. I LOVE the interpretation of your lyrics. Nicely done! Great Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation!!! Love the main image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That's lovely. You did a fabulous job coloring the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh gorgeous card Mary, and so beautifully detailed!!! Yeah Ms.November, you knocked it outta the park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!!! Love the lace and glitter. The stick on beads are a wonderful finishing touch.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card I so forgot about the hop it my B-day week Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. The lace puts it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being Ms. November. Love how your card turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card! You did a great job with the coloring, and the lace adds such a pretty touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card. LOVE the lace accent!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Georgous Mary! Love the colors and the lace along the edge. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!