This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's Up? Design D.I.V.A.S. OBG Blog Hop!

I was lucky enough to be invited to join the Design D.I.V.A.S. group on Facebook. We are 75 of THE most talented stampers and I am honored to be among such talent! The group has decided that on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, we will have a blog hop. I love blog hops and this one should be lots of fun- 36 blogs to check out! You should have arrived here from Gina Lindsay's blog. If you didn't, start here so you don't miss anything exciting!!!

The theme is "Oldies But Goodies". If you're like me, I buy stamps, papers, and embellishments, and then many sit unused. For this swap, we are to create a project- a card, a 3-D item, a scrapbook layout, etc.- using stamping supplies that are at least 6-months old. I have so many stamps that have never seen ink, packs of designer paper that are unopened, and a plethora of ribbon that could use some love...and that made it really hard for me to decide which unloved items to use! But, after much deliberation, here is what I came up with:


I bought this stamp set, Sew Pretty, from Gina K, a long time ago...I had never used it for a card, even though I love it. I also bought the "Nook and Pantry" patterned paper from Basic Grey, nearly a year ago. I admit, I'm a paper hoarder. I buy pretty paper and then can't seem to bring myself to cut into it! This card is 5-1/4" square. Cardstock used: SU's Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla. Patterned paper: Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black. Embellishments: Light green Dew Drops, yellow flower from Petaloo, green satin ribbon from Offray, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon from SU. Accessories: SU's medium and scalloped oval punches, pop dots, Copic markers- E47, RV02, G31, E21, ZOTS glue dots, Alene's Jewel-It glue.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you've enjoyed my "Oldies But Goodies" card. Your next stop on the hop is Sandy H.'s blog. Wait till you see what she has in store for you!

39 comments:

  1. You picked the perfect paper for this image.. I have some of that too. I need to get it out and use.. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a nostalgic look! I love it!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes!!! you actually cut the Nook & Pantry paper....LOL....I still have my pack and its not even open...I drool over the little thumbnail pics on the cover LOL - we are a sad bunch (-:
    This is a wonderful card - great job on coloring and that layout! so glad you're here in the Design Diva's
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she's fabulous Mary, love her paper pieced apron, great job! yes, lots of yummy paper! lol we do love it don't we!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great retro looking card! I have this set too, but recently used it for another challenge. It is a FUN set to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have dp paper hoarding tendancies too Mary....that being said....CUT CUT CUT away...it will give you the PERFECT excuse to go out and BUY BUY BUY more....and yesterday's favorite can be replaced with a new favorite! It's taken me about 14 years of paper crafting to realize that! LOL!!! I just make sure I keep a large enough scrap or 2 to reappear on my own personal scrap pages....then I'm all ok to mail off cards to peeps who may not luv my favorite like I do! :) Cute card! (I'm letting go of my last bit of my "favorite" dp as we speak....should appear on my blog this week.....didn't think I'd ever part with it! hahahaha Congrats on the Design Divas! You do great work!
    Trudi

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVe the paper and stamp you used!!!! I love Basic Grey paper (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!!!!! (pronounced cA-ute!!!)
    I love this image and the sentiment. your paper is yummy fun! My mom just sewed an apron for me similar to this one... so close it is scary! :)

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute as can be..great card..glitterbee hugs, ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this Mary! I might have to get this image! LOVE the dp... I have hoarded mine and need to get it out! Perfect with this image! Well, I'm inspired, that's for sure!!

    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great retro card Mary! I love your paper piecing on the apron. Thanks for playing along in the OBG hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely retro design on this!! Nice paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorites of Asela's sets! LOVE this image! She looks great in her Nook and Pantry paper apron!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool Mary, what a cool retro looking image. Love how you pieced it, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, Beautiful card!! The Nook and Pantry paper is perfect for this image! Great Design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful card, Mary! this paper is great (gotta get me some too)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So love your very chic card!!! Love your image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job Mary....love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very Pretty and the paper piecing is fab! I to am a paper hoarder. Great stamp one of the few sets from GKD I don't have. Oops I am a stamp harder to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the 50's look of your card. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, love that beautiful paper pieced apron! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card... those papers are perfect for that image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful card!!! I love those yummy papers and the beautifully paper pieced apron:o) A truly fabulous creation!!

    Smiles:)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a fabulous job on this set!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary, what a fun card. love the perfect dp to accent your great vintage image.
    Fantastic card!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  26. So bright and fun! Love the retro image and the cheerful yellow accents. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mary, this is wonderful. I too am in the paper hoarder group LOL. You never know when a special event or card will need that piece. Love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what a classy chick! LOL The Nook and Pantry is just perfect paper pieced on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a pretty card. She has a sophisticated aura. I like retro.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mary what a great match between paper and image, lovely!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad to see you break out your horded stamps and paper......they go so well together to make a wonderful card......Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  32. From one Mary to another - Fabulous-o! Love this stamp - the apron is so cute!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Another serious paper hoarder over here. Glad to know I am in such great company! I love this card, I need to consider that set, I am redoing my kitchen with a retro feel and I can think of some cute little projects with that image. Thanks for sharing, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great job, love the colors and the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your card! Is that paper piecing on the apron?

    I am hoarding this same paper. Maybe I should break it out and cut into it this week end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a delightful card- perfect card for the theme! I look forward to hopping with you next month- what a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh I love this paper! and these colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!