This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's Up? Visiting the Past...

I was looking through my Splitcoast Gallery today- about 6 years worth of cards. It's amazing how the colors, embellishments, and style of cardmaking has changed over the years.

Here are a few of my very favorite cards from my past:

This card above, I think is my all-time favorite. I love the colors and the rose from A Rose in Winter is such a pretty stamp.

Cool Cat is also another fun stamp to use. Cool Carribean, one of the first "In Colors", was a favorite color of mine. I still miss it!

The stamp set on the card above is from Hanna Stamps. When I first got my motorcycle, I always said I wanted to paint it pink. I didn't, but this card was still fun to make!

Penguins are always fun and this image from SU's Happy Healing set is SO cute! Poor little guy looks miserable!

This stamp set is called Pattern of Friendship and is from Stampin' Up. I love the retro look to it. It reminds me of the dress patterns my mom used to use when she made our clothes.
So, that's my stroll down memory lane and I hope you've enjoyed strolling with me! If you'd like to check out my SCS gallery, click here.
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. It's always nice to take a walk down crafting memory lane :) I love that cool kitty card- so fun! & I agree, I still like cool carribbean. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, these are so neat! Of, course the motorcycle is my favorite! You have done such amazing work! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I have the Cool Cat and thanks for giving me ideas on what I can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of cards! Thank you for sharing your walk down crafting memory lane with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing collection! Really a great mix of layouts. I especially like your crisp designs, textures and layers. You should be very proud of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun to revisit the earlier stamps and styles! I love Roses in Winter! I always wanted it and never was able to get it but it's still hight on my list of pretty stamps! Love the dress patterns too.... still very in today in stamps! I enjoyed the stroll down memory lane! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does surprise me how much card styles change. Now it is either more is more or not much at all. Your cards are very pretty. I love Pattern of Friendship too. One of my favorites. Great cards Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great cards, my favorite is the Rose In Winter as well, but really all of them are fun. They kitties give me the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun 'stroll' with you! I LOVE Roses in Winter- and love our cat card- what great colors on that card- and of course, the sewing images. Fun, fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great cards, and a great idea to revisit some of your favourites! They are all wonderful, but that Cool Cat card really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!