This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Congrats, Grads!

I received several graduation announcements this year. The first one was my niece, Cara. I've already posted her card here. Girl cards are always SO much easier for me to make. The other two that I received were for boys...hmm, MUCH harder!! Then I remembered I had a freebie digi-image called Kurt the Graduate from Dude Time Doodles that I could use! Here are the two cards that I made using this image- same layout just different colors and embellishments:

Card 1:
Close up:
Card 2:

Close up:



Card 1 was entered into the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge to make a masculine card.

Card 2 was entered into the Cards For Men Challenge to make a masculine card with stars. You can't tell in the picture, but the yellow panel has raised embossed stars on it.

Card 1:
Stamps: Kurt the Graduate (Dude Time Doodles), sentiment is computer-generated
Papers: Neenah 80# white, Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Newsprint DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Copic Markers, black stick-on beads (Recollections)


Card 2:
Stamps: Kurt the Graduate (Dude Time Doodles), sentiment is computer-generated
Papers: Neenah 80# white, Brilliant Blue (Stampin' Up!), yellow star-embossed (unknown from Michael's)
Accessories: small star punch (Stampin' Up!), gold stick-on beads (Recollections), Copic Markers

13 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Love seeing Kurt get more exposure! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love both cards, but especially the first with the printed paper in the background. I've posted a link to your blog on the Dude Time Doodles Facebook page - be sure to check it out!

    Cleota
    DTD Dudette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous! Great job. Love the stamp image. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Mary! I am not making too many grad cards for Boys this year- but this is sure a perfect image- I love both cards- but especially love the newsprint and red/blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, these are both fantastic! I struggle so much with guy cards but you have hit the nail on the head with these two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the fun bright colors any grad would be lucky to receive it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Grad cards you have created!! Im sure the recipients will love them. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! I love the newsprint background in the first card and the bold colors of the second. Awesome grad cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Copic coloring! I really enjoy the newsprint background of the first card. It gives the card some interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, boy cards are so much harder to make. These are awesome cards!! I love the graduate. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great image and I love the flip flops! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck!
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards....Love the image and your papers and bright colours are gorgeous...Thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!