This is SO me!

This is SO me!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Somebody Squealed!

Oh, my, what an ADORABLE image we received from Hambo Stamps this week for the Hambo Hoedown #21. The image that we received is Pig Inmate complete with striped shirt, plus 2 sentiments. Our challenge was to use the Pig Inmate image and twine, jute, fiber or string. Well, I had just received my first order of baker's twine from The Twinery 2 days before this challenge was posted! Timing is everything!!!! Whoever comes up with these challenges must be reading my mind! (Judy??)

Okay, enough chitter-chatter...here is my card for this week's challenge:

I even gave the "inmate" a number- # 10061.


Stamps: Pig Inmate digit (Hambo Stamps)
Ink: Mementi Tuxedo Black
Papers: Basic Black, Real Red, silver metallic, black and white DSP (Stampin' Up!), Neenah 80# white cardstock
Accessories: silver eyelets (Doodlebug), Crop-o-dile, Charcoal Baker's Twine (The Twinery), Copic Markers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, key tag punch (Stampin' Up!), sponge, red stick-on beads (Recollections)


If you'd like to purchase the Pig Inmate digi-image you can click here. If you'd like to play along with us at the Hoedown, click here. If you play, you will receive next week's image by email- as long as you follow all of the rules. READ THE RULES! If you want to play along this week, you don't have to buy the Pig Inmate image. You can use any HAMBO image. You don't have any Hambo images? Well, they offer a couple of freebie images that you can use. I hope to see you playing along with us!!

13 comments:

  1. Love it. How'd you get those eyelets to line up so nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I love that he has a number!! And yes, I am reading your mind, you know~! This is so so cute, Mary - I love eyelets and love seeing them. Hardly anyone uses them anymore, and I think they are fun. Your striped twine is PERFECT!! You rocked the Hoedown this week, girl~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO funny Mary! What a clever idea to use the twine for the "bars". I just hope he doesn't chew right through them and ESCAPE! Then he'd be on the ham... Awesome job with this week's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too clever. What an idea. Love it. We can always expect a great card from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! i love it how everything comes together so neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO adorable! I was searching my stash for black and white twine when I made my card, but I came up empty, so my order is on it's way in the mail to me too :) Aren't all the colors of bakers twine so fun?!?!
    I just love what you did here, so hysterical that your inmate has a number! So official :) LOL! Too cute, I love the metallic silver paper too! Thanks for playing in the hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic.. I love that you gave him a number. Eyelets are a great idea.. I forget I have them! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! Your card is fantastic!! I love how you put him in "jail" and gave him a number! So funny. I recently bought some baker's twine and was surprised how thin it is; yours looks more substantial! Love it. After reading Monica's comment, I keep thinking "ham on the lam" and laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ADORABLE Mary! I love your eyelet and twine "bars". So creative!!

    Thanks so much for entering our challenge this week at the Hambo Hoedown!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK That is too funny and very cute.

    Inky Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an fun card Mary. Love the fiber bars & giving him a number...LOL! Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFLOL!! LOVE the twine bars!! Super fun creative card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the silver frame around the image- looks like a real jail cell (NOT that I'd know!). Thanks for playing with us this week at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one!!